Vectrex Wiki is a community site that anyone can contribute to. Discover, share and add your knowledge!
View full main page
Welcome to Vectrex Wiki
Welcome to the Vectrex wiki! A place for all Vectrexians to gather to discuss the best -- and only -- vector gaming system ever made!
RASTER AND FMV NOT ALLOWED!!
Forget the pixels and the pre-rendered backgrounds, this is a lines-only zone! (Not counting a few of the bitmapped homebrew games, of course!)
- 1/3/2021 Every Day Is Halloween page added. Happy 2021!
- 3/28/2020 Galaxy Wars : Space Launcher page added.
- 7/6 The H. A. A. G. 2018 expo page started off as a stub several months ago but is now complete with a chockfull of info. Two Vectrexes were present.
- 2/9 Stramash Zone page added.
- 1/21/2019 It's a twofer! Two features were added to the Big Blue page: a strategy guide and a review. So click on the tabbers underneath Links on the page if you need some playing tips and to see if a reviewer thought the game swam or sank (sorry).
Western Technologies employee John Ross went with Mike Pervus, Tom Sloper, and Steve Marking to Electro Mavin, a surplus dealer's warehouse in Los Angeles. There Ross found a 1" Cathode Ray Tube from a Heads Up Display. This led to a demonstration of how to make a vector display from a raster television: a stereo amplifier was connected to the horizontal and vertical deflection coils and driven with music program material. Ross was responsible for the monitor design. He also shepherded the production of prototypes with Jamie MacInnis and the initial printed board circuitry and Hong Kong manufacturing via Steve Marking. (The rest of the article can be read here.)
(Previous featured articles can be seen here.)
It can be confusing to new users to wikis in regards to submitting new pages, but it's fairly simple for creating new pages for the most part. Most situations for submitting new material to this wiki in particular will usually include:
1. In order to create a write-up about a game or programmer that does not have a page yet, users can click on either the list of Vectrex games or the list of Vectrex personnel pages, click on the corresponding name, and that will take you to the entry's new page for you to create.
2. If there is no page to one of the above, edit one of the lists, add the game or personnel name (just make sure to encase them in double brackets so a page will appear when it is clicked on), Publish it, then click on the entry.
3. Do a Search (the magnifying glass slightly right at the top center) for the subject you wish to create an article on; if no article appears, slightly below right of the Search field (right next to the number of pages) is the Add new page icon. Click on that and you'll be taken to a new page and you can start typing to your heart's content.
4. If passing along your story in regards to getting your Vectrex (and/or your experience with the machine), perform step #3, then type in "Vectrex Stories: _____" (your user name or what you'd like to be identified as) to start that up.
If there are any questions, either leave them on this discussion page or this wiki's founder's page. There's also the How to write an article page to read up on formatting for this wiki in particular.
Thanks, and good luck with writing and editing!
A few things to get you started with!
- List of Vectrex games (note: it's divided into three sections, so keep on scrolling...down...WAAAAAAAY down...also, check out the Catalog of non-gaming Vectrex demos as well)
- List of Vectrex personnel (note: like the above, this is in three sections)
- How to write an article specifically for this site. Even veteran wiki contributors should check out this page for formatting specifically for this wiki, although it could turn out to be simpler than others.
- Also, be sure to share your story as to when you first got your Vectrex (or just an interesting one that happened at some point)! There are also several polls to vote in, and you don't even need to have a Wikia account in order to do so, so check them out and vote!
- Yes, this wiki has way more than just lists! Check out the total site content page or just do a Search (magnifying glass at slightly right of top center) for much more!